DDPro's Website > Site News and Updates > 2017
Site News and Updates
This site is maintained by Jason Wang and Boot Leg. We're two Chinese music lovers who are both avid fans of American folk singer-songwriters.
From 2017, we've decided that we'd choose different styles for our pages: Boot will use Georgia font and blue background for the pages he maintains, while Jason keeps using the old Verdana font and yellow background. We'd welcome anyone who would like to be an admin of our site, but you should know how to create webpages - Adobe Dreamweaver, I'd suggest - and know your guitar well...!
This page is created and maintained by Boot Leg. Please forward any addition or correction to email@example.com. You can also post in the site forum's "corrections and suggestions" board here. Thanks!
To leave a comment on the website, please visit the Guestbook.
April 14th, 2021
- Just added chords to some brand new songs written by Tom Paxton and the DonJuans (Don Henry & Jon Vezner) after 2017, which are not yet released on albums:
April 7th, 2021
- Just added chords to a few songs by Tom Paxton, including Is This Any Way to Run an Airline from 1966's Outward Bound album, which has some very interesting and unusual chord progression in it.
March 16th, 2021
- We've just finished adding a lot of songs from the vaults of Broadside magazine. These songs include:
February 27th, 2021
- We just noticed HUGE chord errors in Phil Ochs' The Trial. Corrections were made soon after a couple of minutes figuring out the correct chords. The song should absolutely be played in E shape with a down-tuned guitar.
- Thanks so much to Jan Hauenstein for correcting the chords and to Peter Feld for correcting the lyrics in Phil Ochs' All Quiet on the Western Front. The live version from Philadelphia was too muffled for me to figure out the correct chords and words... Fortunately they released the Best of the Rest album!
- Multiple minor corrections on various pages.
February 22nd, 2020
January 1st, 2020
- The songs from Tom Paxton's 1963 Broadside Tapes were added to the Tom Paxton Chords index page. Though chords will still not be added until I have them figured out..
August 12th, 2019
December 19th, 2018
December 5th, 2018
December 2nd, 2018
- Corrected the chords in the last refrain of The Mitchell Trio's version of If You Had Me in Shackles. Apparently they did the minor-major trick once again here, just like they did on That's the Way It's Gonna Be! One of my favorite Tom Paxton songs - glad it finally got a CD release.
- Changed the first chord in the line "all on a beautiful morning" in John Denver's rendition of Civil War Suite from C to G. Bob Gibson did use C chord for that line, but John Denver used G chord. Both chords work just fine there, if you ask me.
November 30th, 2018
- It's been a long time since the last time this website was updated! One new page was added today：
- Also, a few minor corrections were made on these pages:
May 15th, 2018
- Corrected the spelling for the German word "Nochmal" in Tom Paxton's song, A Thousand Years. Thanks Flo!
- Added the lyrics to the additional last verse in Tom Paxton's Leaving London. That verse was written by Doc Watson and adopted by Tom himself in live shows in the 80's. You can hear it in his 1987 recording at the Bottom Line.
April 11th, 2018
- Finally added the last two songs in John Prine's newest album, The Tree of Forgiveness:
- And I also added the full lyrics to When I Get to Heaven. Previously it only has the chorus on the page. It took me a while to figure out the name of the Irish red ale-style beer, which is "Smithwick's".
- Various minor and not-so-minor corrections in the other songs' lyrics.. Sorry for my poor vocabulary and grammar as a non-native speaker! Those misheard lyrics are just so embarrasing.
March 26th, 2018
- Just noticed that Jason has all the "add" chords as "+" on his pages, i.e. "Gadd11" chord as "G+11". I asked him about this and he said it was in order to save space on the pages. However, to my knowledge, the "add" here could not be replaced by "+", so I changed them all back to "add". Please correct me if I'm wrong..!
February 23th, 2018
- Been quite a while since I last updated the website...! This time I added entries to John Prine's new album, The Tree of Forgiveness:
- And of course, the index page was updated, too. I'm now wondering when I will have the time to add the rest of the songs?
July 14th, 2017
July 12th, 2017
- Minor corrections in the last refrain of Tom Paxton's Angie
July 1st, 2017
- Finally finished figuring out the chords to the last two songs from Boat in the Water:
June 29th, 2017
- Minor corrections on the following pages from Tom's latest album, Boat in the Water:
- Added 3 pages from the rest of the album:
June 27th, 2017
June 26th, 2017
- Corrections on the following pages:
- 3 new pages added:
- 1 new tab added:
June 25th, 2017
- Minor corrections on the following pages:
- 4 new pages added:
June 24th, 2017
June 23rd, 2017
June 21st, 2017
- Added Site News & Updates page to the website
- Added the entry of site news and updates to the sitemap and various index pages
June 18th, 2017
May 30th, 2017
May 29th, 2017
- Corrected the chords in the intro to John Denver's Love Again (G to Cmaj7)
- Corrected the chords in the intro to John Denver's Hold on Tightly
- 2 new pages added:
May 20th, 2017
April 8th, 2017
April 4th, 2017
- Corrected the chords in the chorus of John Denver's Yellow Cat (E to E/G#, E7 to Em7/G)
March 29th, 2017
March 22nd, 2017
March 11th, 2017
- Minor corrections on the following pages:
- 1 new tab added:
March 5th, 2017
- Minor corrections in the lyrics to Tom Paxton's The Unknown
- 7 new pages added:
January 5th, 2017
January 1st, 2017
- Boot Leg starts to use blue background pattern for the pages he created
December 21st, 2016
December 1st, 2016
Main Page / News & Updates / Site Forum / Guestbook / File Manager
Chords and Lyrics: Tom Paxton / John Denver / Phil Ochs / Guy Clark / John Prine / Bob Gibson / Sixto Rodriguez / Patrick Sky / Miscellaneous
Setlist Archives: Tom Paxton / John Prine / John Denver / Phil Ochs / Guy Clark / Bob Gibson
Please forward any correction or suggestion to Boot Leg at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your support.